Monday 20 August 2007

1. place Nordic Deep -07!

This years biggest freediving event in Scandinavia (and maybe even Europe?) is over now, and I'm already looking forward to next time. Organizer Sebastian was working hard along with his crew, and with a little help from the athletes as well, it really worked well:) At least I had a lot of fun, a good time and some nice diving.

After some bad training days where most things felt wrong for me and two competitiondays without much to speak of, I had one wonderful day Saturday where everything fell into place. In the morning I made a very easy and comfortable CWT dive to 54m. I really felt good, even at the bottom place getting the tag!

Then in the evening I competed in both DYN and STA since I wanted to collect some more points for the overall ranking. Swimming side by side with Eva, my competition instincts kicked in a little and I made myself keep swimming. After 150m I came up feeling very strong and happy, but didn't take it all out because of the next day.

Even the static worked better this day and after the dynamic, I jumped in my suit again and did 5:08 (without my usual warm up).

Sunday was the very last competition day and my last attempt of a deep dive. After the succesful dive yesterday, I had annouced a new PB with 57m. The weather was nice and the ocean flat, but my body was tired after the long week. I also had a bad tension and some pain in my shoulder and neck, so didn't have much fun getting ready. I went down, but at about 45m depth, I had some "no good" feelings and the urge to turn. Which I did at 50m. The dive was clean, yellow card for those 7m, but I was happy enough:)

In the end I realized I had actually gathered all my points during only one day! And it was enough to give me the 1.place among the women, just like last year. I'm very satisfyed with that result and also happy with my cool diploma (no, it's not a cow fish, it's an orca...).


Results are finally up: http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gaseresults07.html

And a report: http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gasereport07.html

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you did it again!

    I dont know if I allready told you, but it IS incredible to wach you do thins all in one day! I'm glad I was able to be there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Som jeg allerede har sagt til deg, gratulerer masse! Av en eller annen grunn ble jeg ikke overrasket over resultatet. Hadde faktisk begynt å skrive på pressemeldinga før resultatene var klare. Så ingen skal si at jeg ikke har TRO på deg iallefall!

    Lykke til videre.
    Pappa

    ReplyDelete