Sunday 3 February 2008

Preparing for the indoor German Championship

Now I'm getting started with the training for real again. I just checked my calender and it seems that Christmas, travelling and being sick has kept me away from my beloved monofin for 6 weeks! I can't remember when that happened last time...

To prepare for the upcoming competition in Berlin, I set up a 3 weeks program to get as quickly as possible back in shape. It consists of swimming (increasing the distance of each session up to 3000m), static (working up some confidence and relaxation) and dynamic (building up the distance towards 125m on trainings) 4-5 days a week. I will post more on this later.

Today I was in the water, swimming 2000m and doing some 50m dives. I realized one point where my flexibility was a lot worse than normal, my ankle! I guess I'll have to invest some time into stretching as well. Other than that, it felt wonderful to be underwater again and I'm already looking forward to training tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment