Sunday 6 September 2009

Freediving - a learning experience


One thing I've learned through my time as a competitive freediver, is that we're not that competitive at all... The best parts are often when we're all together, having fun and enjoying life (under water).

I've got some great experiences and lots of nice memories from the World Championship in Aarhus, and these were some of the highlights:

Parading through the streets of Aarhus with my Norwegian team (more than one person!!!). Read more about AIDA Norway here.

Coaching Maria Livbjerg right before her silver medal DNF dive to 147m.

Making friends with the japaneese team and getting one of those cool t-shirts.

Being awarded an "honorary kiwi" by sweet Kathryn and her friend: the kiwi him/herself.

Head the applause when Anna, my trainingbuddy and coach, kicked my ass in static with 6:12.

Beating my own deamons and that old DYN record with a dive to 183m :)



Watching the historic prize ceremony where Bjarte Nygard became Norway's first ever World Champion in freediving. He really deserved that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment