Wednesday 20 April 2011

Update - still breathing...

... just not holding my breath very much these days. So what am I doing instead?

After finishing my bacherlor degree in Aarhus in September 2010, I finally moved in with Martin in Berlin. I started the Master program in Molecular Medicine at the Charite University Medicine in October and have been pretty busy ever since. The studies take up more time now, as I have (very interesting) lab placements along with the lectures. Freediving is still a big part of me, and will always be, but I have decided to take a break from competitions and intensive training for a while.

I have had a LOT of wonderful competitions over the last five years, and I am very grateful that I had the oppertunity to travel and train freediving the way I did. This is mostly thanks to the great support I recieved from Nordea, which was sponsoring me all the way back in 2006 when I went to my first world championship!


Instead of the pool, I'm spending some time in the park and the woods running or hicking, and plan to stay in shape even without the monofin. The ocean is not completely safe however, as that longing for the deep, blue depth is still there...

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Berlin, and good luck with your studies Elisabeth. Tassen and I might meet you in the forest in Hunndalen again one day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your doing well.

    Maybe you can post some videos from past competitions if you have any when you have the spare time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any up dates on what your up 2?
    Looking at getting back into it after a long break?
    Hopefully your not retired :(

    ReplyDelete