Sunday 10 December 2006

6'15 in STA, 3. best among the women!

My official top was quite early in the morning, so I skipped breakfast and did some yoga before getting my suit on. Carol was coaching me, like on my training dives, and she realized already during my warm up that things were working very good today. I did two warm ups, one with 30 sec of contractions and one with 60 sec. The last dive took more than 4 min, which means I got my contractions after 3! This is about 30 sec better than usual, and it was the same on the big dive as well...

Some statics are completely filled with thoughts, like "how long has it been now?" or "will I be able to do this for another 3 min?". This is not nice and you're fighting through most of the dive. But on some rare occasions, you manage to drift away. Really far away, not noticing the fact that you're holding your breath in a swimming pool with lot's of people watching. This time it happened for me, and my mind took me on a trip, to Dahab, to the blue hole, to nice and calm places.

When the fighting started, I let it happen. I had contractions, no doubt, but I was able to manage them and most importantly manage my focus and motivation. Alot of this is thanks to wonderful Carol, which kept telling me "you are so strong, you can do this" I believed her! In the end, I started noticing those small signs that tell you to be carefull, and I came up with a clean SP and got the white card. I hadn't really caught the times that Carol had been telling me and got a HUGE surprise when she told me I had passed 6 min, doing 6'15! (To put this number in perspective: the pb before this one was 5.50, and done just a few days ago. And before that again, I had done 5.30... So it was a jump of 45 sec!!!).
The rest of the day I was walking around with a big smile, which grew even bigger when the day was over and I had done the 3. longest static among the women...

No comments:

Post a Comment