Sunday 16 December 2007

It's all in the mind

I woke up feeling tired, with stiff muscles and not much energy for the days training in the 50m pool. But I went.

Stig Severinsen and I were the only freedivers in the pool, so we started off with some pure swimming training (as we need one person for safety while doing dives, and we both wanted to get warm first). Despite my already heavy legs, I wanted to do at least one longer dive.

I first did dive to 75m, which surprisingly didn't feel too bad. Stig asked if that dive was supposed to be the long one, and then I thought "no way, I'll show him I can swim further". The next dive I found back to some of the fighting spirit that I've felt missing lately. I wanted to dive furter, and didn't care about the contractions or heavy legs. The turn at 100m was so nice and comfortable, and with a few more kicks I came up at 112m.


It was one of those small victories that might seem unimportant for others, but means quite a deal to you right then. So cheers! And to anybody who's looking for the key to achieve better, I'd say it's all in the mind. In turning it back the right way...

2 comments:

  1. Det begynner det å løsne igjen?! Godt å se. Det trengs en tur nedover, for at det skal gå oppover igjen. Blir enda bedre når du og Martin kommer til Norge og får en skikkelig ferie da.....Velkommen tilbake til Norge. Vi gleder oss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jepp Elisabeth, damned right! Ekte sportsgeist vises når man ha en nedtur. Ha en riktig god jul, håper å se deg i 2008 her og da. Hilsen Roman/ Oslo Fridykkerklubb

    ReplyDelete