Wednesday 12 December 2007

Step by step

After The Long Night of Apnea, I took one week off before I went to the water again. Then I begun itching to start working on the issues that had kept me from performing like I wanted to. So I went back to training, but started very slow. The sessions were doing mostly swimming, some technique and relaxing in the sauna. Step by step I started increasing the distance from 50m to 75m, but working on staying confortable and relaxed.

Now I'm finally back to really enjoying the trainings again. After spending 3-4 weeks swimming and diving just a little further every time, I feel my confidence is building up again. And the result? Sunday I did 4*75m and 2*100m, and the last one with a turn. It's not great distance or anything, but I did those dives feeling so much stronger than before.

Tuesday I even did static. And something strange happened, I got into the zone again. Didn't start the training with any expectations at all, the time didn't matter. I wanted to be able to deal with the contractions, unlike the last to competitions.

I was thinking about all the good things in my life right now, all the things I'm enjoying and the things I'm looking forward to. And I cleared my mind and told myself to live this very moment, right now. What I wanted right then was to experience the dive.

And I did. With a very calm mind and my focus on nothing at all. I did 5 statics and increased the time slowly every time, ending up on 4.15. I wasn't pushing or stressing or having doubt, just diving. So I was very happy with that.

I'll keep the training up for another week, and then it's time for a christmas break!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Håper du fortsetter med trening/fridykking personlig og i konkuranse sammenheng,Du er nok et stort forbilde for alle oss med en fridykker i magen her i lille Norge :)

    Personlig så har jeg endelig bestilt en monofinne (waterway model2 medium hard) Og satser på å begynne å bruke denne på nyåret,først i basseng ,så i havet.
    Har du noen tips om hvordan jeg burde trene i basseng for Dynamisk øvelsen ?
    20m taggen er hentet opp og dykker mere nå for morro skyld da kulden gjør det vanskelig å dykke dypere.

    Finnest det et eget forum for norges apnea dykkere ? Eller er vi alle på deeper blue ?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yW_b794bgU


    Vet du om det holder med cmas fridykker sertifikat for å være med i lysekil ? eller må det være Aida

    Stå på :)

    ReplyDelete