Wednesday 18 February 2009

Training monofinning and ice diving

Lately I've been playing around with a new style for the monofin technique. It's a version of the "kick and glide", with 2 and a half kicks, then gliding. It now takes me 44sec instead of the 52sec from when I was using continous kicks. I also use the glide faze to completely relax, even the legs, which I feel is helping me save some energy.



We also did a little training session to prepare for the upcomming Oslo Ice Challenge:

5 comments:

  1. Had never thought my daughter would start with ice- bathing. You are actually quite tough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any spots online where you talk about your monofin technique (for skilled beginners?) It is astonishing to watch your technique and one wishes for some words of guidance from you (how you learned; what is important in the basic stroke)...

    Very good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand and type of monofin do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post more on monofinning training and tips in the near future. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you very much~

    You have a breathlessly-awaiting audience in all ways.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete