Sunday 4 October 2009

Inspiration


People often have problems getting their head around the performances of us freedivers. They believe it's humanly impossible to hold your breath for much more than a min or two or dive deeper than the bottom of the swimming pool.

I on the other hand, had big troubles accepting the huge performances of the top runners at the 36th Berlin Marathon, 20th september. These incredible athletes are (in my own view) sprinting for 42km, taking a little more than 2 hours! Equally incredible are all the "normal" people, who look just like me and you, exept for the fact that they can endure running continously for 4-5 hours...

My weekend in Berlin left me with some new inspiration and a longing to start running as well. Anybody wanna trade me a good pair of running legs? Preferably from Ethiopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment