Saturday 1 September 2007

The first tango in Århus

Last night I went to my first milongo in Århus since moving down, and it turned out to be a great night. I came one hour early to join the intro salon first, where alot of other new people also showed up and we where welcomed and tried out some of the beginners steps. Then the real milonga started, where you dance with alot of different people and really have fun. After having spent almost four hours on the dance floor, I simply had to go home and try to make my feet recover. Because on sunday there's a big tango happening, within the festival Aarhus Festuge, which I'll have to take a look at...

Moving from a small town to a bigger one has some advantages. One of them is that there are milongas (dance nights) here every other friday, and courses and training evenings. In Norway I had to travel to either Lillehammer or Oslo do dance argeninte tango...
Of course the scene isn't as big as the one in Berlin, where I've been dancing several times, but hopefully I'll get to dance more regularly now and learn more.

4 comments:

  1. Hei!

    Da har mormor,bestefar, mamma og jeg hatt en grundig gjennomgang av hele bloggen din. Den ble godkjent!
    Skal hilse fra alle her.
    pappa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det var da indelig godt! Men det er også lov å komme med konstruktiv kritikk. Kan bare hende jeg sletter de kommentarene... :P

    PS: Hilser tilbake til hele familien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can not expect to find too much of Berlin in Aarhus... but a little bit.

    Not long and we will check out the Aarhus tango scene together. I'll try to stay in shape at the Clärchen's in the meantime... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Din passion for Tangoen overrasket meg- men gjør deg enda mer sympatisk Elisabeth!

    Hilsen Roman/
    OFK Führer Bunker

    ReplyDelete