Sunday 9 September 2007

My first real 16x50m

I'm quite happy with myself today! Not only did I manage to finish all the 16 laps in the 50m pool, I also felt much stronger than I had thought I was. My main goal was to find out which level I'm on and then where I want to go.

I had put my watch on a 24min count down, giving me 1min and 30 sec for each 50+break. It was an easy number to keep track on, and not too hard work I later found out (as I finished at 22'30 instead). I'll do another try with a little less break and try to get the time below 20min atleast.

Tomorrow I bet I'll feel my legs!

3 comments:

  1. You really could not help breaking my balls with your first training, hm?

    I' telling you, at some point I'll just simply stop giving you any hints and tips...

    Never the less, I am expecting a time under 20 min next. Start with 1:15 per lane and see how it goes. Never forget safety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sorry. Would it be better if I wrote how tired I felt on training today? Went to the hot pool after only 45min...

    But thanks for getting me started on the 16x50. I train best when I have something to compete against;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you even broke the 20 min... Not bad for the second training.

    We are getting closer to the 16 min, but that will be quite a challenge. Less then one minute per lane you will only be able to do when you are really speding up and not just shorten your surface time.

    Good luck and keep training.

    ReplyDelete