Tuesday 4 September 2007

The hardest part of the training

is sometimes to simply get to the swimming pool. These days it should be very simple as I live 5min walk away from it, but it still takes will power. Coming home from school, making food, doing homework and then running off to training feels exhausting sometimes. The thing to keep in mind though, is that once I slip into the water and get the monofin back on, everything is alright. It's cold and calm, and both your pulse and your shoulders drops... It's peace.

I had a very nice training monday, together with Sanne, Lars, Kurt and many more from Aarhus freediving club. I was doing some laps of regular swimming, then training the abs and back muscles with speedy dolphin kicks both uw and on the back at the surface. I also focus alot on the technic on my trainings, as this is a very important part in swimming efficiently with the monofin. And the more you do it, the better it gets!

I also started my training for the 16x50m at the Long night of apnea in Berlin in november. This is real training, high efficiency and alot of lactic acid! I'm not really a fast swimmer, so I'll have a lot to work on there. It's also crucial to have some tough muscles that can last 20-25 min with very little oxygen... I was starting off easy, didn't time the breaks etc, but even so my legs were quite stiff the next day. Wish me luck!

PS: Yes, will also need to practice my buble rings :)

4 comments:

  1. Rings already waaaay better than previous (pathetic) efforts. But... you and speed, i can't picture it. Aren't you allowed to do the 8x100 instead? That'd probably only take you about 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei!
    Rart å reise i fra deg. Godt allikevel, siden vi så du hadde det bra. Har hatt bildevisning på Raufoss allerede. Ca 50 bilder gav godt inntrykk av hvordan du har det. Skulle hilse masse. Sender CD med bilder. Klem fra oss i Hunndalen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to see you are going for it!

    Thinking of how you did so far with a two h train ride to go to training, I am so curious what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. All I have to say isssss bravvvvoooo! Honestly, most people look @ life and really see that there is just sooo much to accomplish that they don't even know where to begin. And then, years down the line they end up regretting not taking the first steps to help them excel in their career. But you, you are the definition of true efforts and really, I think you got to where you want to be by 'planning'
    The only way you can make it the swimming category aspect of life is with true dedication, something elisabeth here definitely has :D

    ReplyDelete