Tuesday 23 June 2009

Catching my first fish!

On Sunday I went out to Djursland with Mark from Aarhus Freediving Club to do some spearfishing. I have only tried it once before in the Oslo Fjord where I hardly saw any fish or got to try to shoot any. But this time I had more luck.


Mark was kind enough to borrow me a gun and teach me some tricks. This is a part of freediving where I'm a complete newbie, and I felt a little funny working hard to stay down in 3m depth and wait for any fish to come along. I had too little weight and not the right equipment for that (my beloved monofin is better for CWT...).

I had more luck switching to the more active form of spearfishing, searching the sandy bottom for the flatfish hiding in the sand. There I shot a beautiful "rødspette", or European plaice, as it is called in english. Short after I shot another flatfish of a different species and my day was a success!

The fresh fish made a wonderfull dinner, together with some vegetables in the oven and pasta. It's strange how hungry you get after spending a whole day out by the sea and diving...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, 'Killer' Kristoffersen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sådan Elisabeth! Nu skal du huske at veje dem og skrive dem under dine PBs
    Rødspætte 600g
    Skrubbe 580g
    Jeg var selv ude idag og fik en fin fangst - vi må tage en tur sammen en dag...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trond Kristoffersen27 June 2009 at 00:08

    Nå imponerte du Elisabeth. Dette er helt klart en PB!!

    ReplyDelete