Thursday 18 June 2009

First pool PB in a good while

Today I did a very nice 115m DNF, even using some extra energy because of too little weight (I think I need a 3kg neckweight instead of the 2,5kg...). It felt strong and there's several things I can improve on longer dives like this one, the style, the turns or the number of strokes.

The most important thing is that my new warm up rutine is succeding in preparing both my body and my mind that THIS is the dive and there's no quiting early. Of course, it still feels hard and I have the little voice in my head telling me to come up, but it's easier to keep focusing on the dive and finish it now. So today was a great success and made me very happy!

Fingers crossed I'll be able to keep progressing the next two months...

No comments:

Post a Comment