Wednesday 5 August 2009

Visit from New Zealand

Kathryn McPhee is visiting me at the moment, a sidestop on her "around the world" trip (which includes the world championships etc). I traded a couch for some world class tips in DNF.

One of these are closely connected to wearing a suit, which I have been considering for some time now. The extra bouancy and the weight give more momentum in the movement, and better glide. I really felt this on the last training, where I got to try Kathryn's Orca Apex 2:



I'm also working on improving my weightening, putting some more lead on the hips to keep my feet down. Another important thing for me is to remember to keep my head in the right position. That became quite clear on the recent DNF videos I've done.


Kathryn and I are both having a great time here in Aarhus now, slowly preparing the last things for the upcomming world championship.

3 comments:

  1. Now it`s looking alot better! You cut down an entire stroke on 25m. That`s positive. A little more weight on your hips and you`re close to a big improvement. Good luck and send my regards to Kathryn! She has done wonders for my DNF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another tip, wear lead under the suit, use Velcro to keep it in place on your back. Makes for much less drag, more freedom of movement, and easier deeper inhale too!

    Kars

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I forgot to add for the lead inside that on the inside I glued some open cell neoprene for more comfort and some additional fixating friction. The Velcro (I use strength 2) sticks to the nylon on the inside of the suit.
    I hope it's now a bit more clear.
    Have fun in Aarhus, regretfully I cannot be there so I hope you girls have some website updates, with some beautiful pictures too I hope:)

    Love, Courage and Water,

    Kars

    ReplyDelete