Wednesday 16 April 2008

55m Free Immersion, a 10m increase!

Last time I did free immersion was actually Nordic Deep 2006, where I did a 45m dive and national record. As I've developed alot in depth since then, I was ready to push the record a bit further and announced 55m.

It turned out to be another calm and enjoyable dive, though my arms are not as strong as I'd like them to be and the total 110m up and down took me close to 3 minutes to complete(!). I was strong and clear, and got my white card :) It was nice to know that I can make such a long dive and come up fine. It means I have capasity for some long and deep dives in the future.

I'm really happy with the last two days and my new pb's. Tomorrow we have a day out of the water and we'll go climbing in the desert instead. Freedivers going high! And on friday is the last competition day with all the final excitement as I'm positioned first among the women so far...

4 comments:

  1. Gratulerer atter en gang, Elisabeth!
    Dette blir jo bare bedre og bedre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Elizabeth!

    Where is 55 - not so fare 60:)

    Thank you very much for your support in my dives:)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Elizabeth! Matt and I are supporting you from Canada. You're amazing!
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the big dives Elizabeth. Hope the final day goes well and you push out the PBs a bit more! Enjoy it while you can!!!

    ReplyDelete