Friday 18 April 2008

The last day: 61m CWT NR!

Yesterday my stomach was giving me some troubles and I didn’t do much climbing. Luckily, today I was feeling almost 100% again, only a little tired. That didn’t keep me from having another wonderful dive, breaking the 60m mark with a new pb and record to 61m! It really feels like I’ve broken down some barriers in my deep diving now, and I’m really really happy :-)


The dive went as planned, with the usual number of kicks down to about 33m, getting the mouth fill ok and then just falling, falling, falling. I’m so much more relaxed in the sink faze now, and the discomfort and stress I used to have at the bottom is nearly gone. Two
meters ahead of the turn I must have done something strange and lost part of the air in my mouth, but still could equalize enough to get to the bottom plate and grab a tag.

The way up again it was going through my mind: “You did it! Now just get to the surface and you’ve done all you wanted to do.” It was a great feeling, and after a strong surface protocol I was going “JIIHAA!” These three dives, 57m, 55m and 61m, gave me the first place in total points. We even finished off the day with going horse riding on the beach, so that’s close to a perfect day…

3 comments:

  1. Gratulerer med nye Norges- rekorder, Elisabeth! Dette var utrolig bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratulerer! Gratulerer! Gleder meg til å komme å besøke deg igjen :) Jeg har klart å holde pusten i hele 3.18,3 hehe bare jeg dobbler det er jeg like god som deg :)

    Klem fra Eivind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Elisabeth!!! Congratulations on yet another win!
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete